Annex: Conquer the Worldis an anime themed real time strategy game that brings fast paced combat with a diverse arsenal. Play as one of four factions: The East Ocean Alliance, the NEO Republic, the Shadow Organization, or the Renegades as they struggle for dominance all over the world, competing for a priceless red mineral. The game now contains 4 factions, over 30 tech trees, original maps, and tileset. Built using open source RTS MegaGlest, the focus of the game is multi-player and single-player skirmishes. However there are also scripted scenarios/missions!
Annex: Conquer the World
Annex has moved to its new page at Indiedb: http://www.indiedb.com/games/annex-conquer-the-world Please note that the old page at Moddb http://www.moddb.com/mods/annex-conquer-the-world is no longer active. So update your Links :) Also game description has changed as well.
The merge between GAE and MG was talked about, but due to the developers contrasting opinions, the merge was called off, and since the two grew even further apart. While most of the Glest community still wishes for a merge, the chance of a merge happening in the near future is very low, if there is any chance at all...
GlestAE is still active but the development has been slow as of late.
I know. that these 2 project united, but now GlestAE seems to be inactive, and MegaGlest does not have AE features (as save/load)
Thanks trying and for the feedback!
- I'm glad you like my artwork!
- Unfortunately, I too am not happy with menu, however customization of menu is quite limited in MG atm, but I will see if I can improve it somehow.
- Have you tried The map "2_Longroad"? That one is the largest map I could make 256 x 64 without large amount of lag. I will work on more of that size.
- If it helps try using attack move commands, especially against infantry, and directly click more dangerous individuals.
Something about my self, I'm more of an artist than a coder, which is the reason I chose Megaglest, as it is very easy to mod. I started building Annex to see how far I could push MegaGlest in a new direction. That's why I did not build this on other engines like Spring or WZ2100.
Hi, Since I built Annex on MegaGlest, not GAE, it does not have a save feature. However, games are fast paced there isn't a huge need for saves. Someday, hopefully, MG will have the ability to save.
I have tried Aneex out and I like and hate it.
It has some really great artwork, 11/10 for that. Animation and troop characterization is just awesome.
There is also some serious attempt at changing the gameplay of Glest, it isn't always a successful attempt, but there is a lot of work and thought there.
The worst issues of Glest are amplified with its fast paced gameplay:
- you do not get a visual confirmation after attacking an enemy unit. You never know if your troops are gonna attack an unit or move next to it until it is too late
- The menu layout is just as terrible as in Glest. I don't understand why the icons have to be so small and anonimous.
- The dramatic change in perspective calls for a wider zoom and way larger maps.
I wish it was developed on something like the WZ2100 engine (that is way under-rated on my opinion). I don't know about it's technical specs, but I feel all that awesome artwork would have looked so much better there.
PS: Megaglest install is needed only if you run 64bit linux. To copy over binaries and libs.
I played MegaGlest as if there is a new release ever since glest official release stopped.
I never played TA rule game either. Zero-K/CA is the one get me closest to original TA core, but its different a lot to TA I heared about. TA is larger scale, with more units and longer range weapons.
I mostly play games unlike TA on Spring Engine, such as Kernel Panic - unluckly, even KP is not playable on my current system due to performance issue.
Alright, Im too crazy about "in my point of view".
1. I don't know how to say the feeling, but I was disappointed about glest: I dislike the game logic basicly: everything have to Stop-to-Fight; and technology tree that exist.
2. Many people do feel spring is piece of shit. Its easier to understand how a glest game works, I guess. Spring games are more sandbox-like, glest-based games you got fewer choices in strategy.
3. Many people don't like spring-style graphics. For that, I sucessfully convinced only one person play Spring game, the rest thought the graphics were terrible so quit.
Kernel Panic brought me back to be a RTS player, before that I was long lost in RPG/FPS/Puzzle/TBS etc.
Now I have to quit rts, even gaming for a while, as the Computer I'm on are too old to run newer fun games.
Hmm, globulation 2 might run here, I like it.
I know you are a big supporter of the Spring engine, and being it one of the most established FOSS projects I respect that.
I have never played TA and I cannot find any appeal on spring based games. The engine is very mature and its take on the RTS genre doesn't go well with me.
On the other hand, Glest has improved a lot since MegaGlest and GlestAE and we could get some nice surprises from these projects in the future.
Now I'll try Annex out and see if the balance and gameplay is any better than Glest, which lacks a bit in those areas.
I have read about this on freegamer a few months ago, and for some reason I was convinced that it was developed on the spring engine.
I am happy to see that it is not. I will definitely try it out.