Two hundred years ago, the galaxy was ravaged by war. Planets reduced to cinders with all of their inhabitants. Fleets representing the industrial production of hundreds of worlds vaporized in mere hours. War on such a scale could not last long, but it did not have to. With most of the known galaxy a smoldering ruin, interstellar trade broke down, and even worlds initially left untouched suffered greatly trying to gain self-sufficiency.
The story of Starsector (formerly “Starfarer”) concerns a sector largely untouched by the war. Humanity has been slowly slipping into anarchy, though some outposts of civilization remain. It is a time of frequent conflict, rampant piracy, and shifting allegiances. A time of great profit for the few traders able to ply the old trading routes. A time of great danger and greater opportunity.
- Pilot your ship in top-down 2d combat
- Command your fleet in tactical battles
- Gain experience and improve your character’s skills
- Detailed combat mechanics
- Customize your ship’s loadout before battle
- Explore a war-torn star system
- Mod support for user-made factions, missions, ships, and weapons
- Trade goods and run bounties
- Gain fame or Infamity with a faction
- Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations
- run mining operations, build industries — and defend your interests
- Become involved in factional politics
- And more to come!
OS: Windows, Mac (OS X 10.7 or higher), or Linux
Memory: 2GB system RAM
Graphics: Minimum 1024×768 resolution, 256 MB video memory
Processor *: Pentium 4 processor, at or above 1Ghz, Dual core recommended.
* It is not specificed exactly.