Cubosphere is an abstract 3D puzzle platformer in which you roll a ball through many strange worlds which mostly just consist of cubes floating in mid-air or in outer space or in even stranger environments. You are able to roll and jump and you are also able to roll over edges, which changes the gravity. The goal of each level is to collect all keys and to roll over the exit before the timer runs out. But you may collect many bonuses on they way for extra-points or extra-time.
Cubosphere is a fully free PC remake of the Playstation game “Kula World” / “Roll Away”.
- Many different types of block: Magnets, moving blocks, ventilators, slippery ice, lava, lasers, buttons, and so on.
- Many collectable extras which give you either bonus-points or change the behaviour of the ball.
- Enemies: Moving objects which destroy your ball when they touch it.
- Over 450 levels
- … in 34 different designs
- Internal level editor
Technical / non-gameplay features:
- Full joystick and gamepad support (except for the editor)
- Programmed in C++
- Designed as a platform-independent game
- 3D engine via OpenGL
- GLSL shaders
- Lua script support to design own textures and behaviors
- with English, German and Danish translations