Rexuiz is a fast-pased 3D first person shooter game. Rexuiz is a revival of the game “Nexuiz Classic” (formerly known as “Nexuiz”) and thus very similar to that game. Rexuiz is compatible with Nexuiz Classic servers. The goal of the project is to create a high quality first person shooter that can be played freely across all platforms in one package, including GNU/Linux. The game is entirely free software and is able to run in low-end hardware.
The gameplay is deathmatch with the most excessive possible speeds and weapons, giving incredibly intense fast paced action. Along with deathmatch, there are multiple gamemodes and many mutators and weapon options like rocket arena and instagib. There are 9 weapons with a primary and secondary fire mode. The player can fight through two single player campaigns including a survival campaign in which you have to fight against hordes of incoming enemies or play online with our server browser.
The following game modes are available:
- Deathmatch: Kill as many enemies as possible
- Last Man Standing: Each player starts with many weapons and a couple of lives. Players who lost all their lives are eliminated and the last surviving player wins
- Runematch: Runes spawn randomly, each gives you both an bonus (e.g. more health) and a “curse” (e.g. less damage). The more runes you hold, the more points you get for frags
- Race: The goal is not to kill, but to run through a parcours faster than everyone else
These are the main game modes for team-based play:
- Team Deathmatch: Kill as many enemies as possible to help your team to victory
- Clan Arena: Round-based game. Everyone has only one life, the last surviving team wins the round
- Capture the Flag: Each team has a flag. Steal the flag of the enemy team and bring it to your own
- Freeze Tag: Kill enemies to freeze them, stand near frozen team mates to revive them. Freeze all enemies to score
- Key Hunt: One player in each team gets a key. To score, your team has to collect all keys by killing the other key carriers and then join all keys together
- Domination: Domination points are scattered through the arena, both team have to own them by running into them and holding position. Score points by owning domination points and keeping them
- Onslaught: Each team has a generator which must be defended at all cost, but it starts with a shield. Capture control points and fight your way to the enemy's generator and destroy it